- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 chili seasoning packet
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, plus more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once warm, add the white onion and green bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for a couple of minutes, then add the garlic and chili seasoning. Continue cooking until vegetables are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Pour the black beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, and tomato soup into the pot. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with desired ingredients.
This chili is actually my mother in laws recipe. While she usually adds meat, we omit it and add extra beans instead. Chili is a favorite around here, and I know some have serious opinions on what or what doesn’t constitute a chili.
What goes in 30 minute vegan chili?
- Black beans
- Red kidney beans
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato soup
- Bell pepper
- Chili seasoning packet
- Brown sugar
- Salt + pepper
Don’t skip the tomato soup- it’s the best part and makes the chili nice and creamy.
How do you make this chili?
- Sauté the veggies, then add the chili packet.
- Add all of the canned ingredients and stir until thick.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
This couldn’t be an easier recipe!
These are some of our favorite toppings for vegan chili.
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Lime juice