Espresso Mint Julep
This post has been sponsored by Nespresso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Espresso Mint Julep is a refreshing burst of mint, layered with crushed ice, mint simple syrup, and cooled espresso. It’s the perfect spring, pick-me-up, drink!
- Prep Time: 20
For the Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 3–4 fresh mint leaves
For the Espresso Mint Julep
- 2 oz mint simple syrup
- 1 espresso shot of Venezia Capsule
- 3/4 C water
- 1 C crushed ice
- 3–4 fresh mint leaves, plus more sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan, make the simple syrup by adding the sugar, water and mint leaves. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Take off of heat and let the mixture sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Brew the Venezia Capsule using the espresso button on the Essenza Mini. Set aside
- Fill a large glass with the simple syrup and fresh mint leaves. Lightly muddle to release the mint aroma.
- Add crushed ice and water to the glass, then top with espresso. Stir and garnish with a few mint sprigs.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 50g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 50.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
I don’t know about you, but we’ve been whipping up coffee drinks at home, now more than ever. While we usually rotate between brewing methods, our Nespresso Machine has been a true workhorse.
We’ve been brewing espresso with a Nespresso machine since 2014! There are several, quality Nespresso machines to choose from, but for this Espresso Mint Julep, we’ll be using the Nespresso Essenza Mini White D Range Machine with the Venezia Capsules . This machine is perfect for the minimalist, those with limited space, or those who just love a sleek, efficient machine. The Venezia Capsules are thick bodied with a hint of caramel and bitter notes. It’s the perfect Capsule to use for an Espresso Mint Julep.
My husband and I are usually down to try a new dish, but my husband specifically is always in the mood for making unique coffee drinks. Let’s face it, a plain cup of Joe time and time again gets a bit redundant. Being able to play around with fresh ingredients makes any recipe more enjoyable.
Nespresso’s Venezia Capsules pair perfectly with spring ingredients like fresh mint. A few more ingredients, with very little steps and you’ll be enjoying a delicious, perfectly crafted caffeinated drink.
What’s in this Espresso Mint Julep?
We’re not straying far at all from what a traditional Mint Julep calls for (bourbon, simple syrup, mint, crushed ice). While a traditional Mint Julep contains alcohol, this recipe does not. You get all the boost you need with the intense, thick bodied Venezia Espresso shot.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Espresso Mint Julep-
- Mint simple syrup (mint leaves, water, sugar)
- Fresh mint
- Crushed Ice
- 1 Nespresso Venezia Capsule
First, you’ll need to make the easy simple syrup. Once that’s done, muddle it in your glass with fresh mint leaves. Pour in water, the espresso shot, and top generously with crushed ice. Garnish with more mint leaves and you’re done!
Add a little pep in your step with this Espresso Mint Julep, and enjoy anytime of the day!