Peanut Butter Date Shake
A smooth and creamy dairy-free shake with a healthy twist. This Peanut Butter Date Shake is naturally sweetened and comes together in minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 5 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 C almond milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax meal *optional
- In a high speed blender, blend the almond milk and dates on hight for about 1 minute, or until the dates are mostly broken down.
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, cinnamon and flax meal if using. Blend on high again for another minute or two, until everything is combined and smooth. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally created for + featured in Fort Worth Magazine’s April 2020 issue.
I don’t have much to say about this smoothie except that you need to make it ASAP. This is one of those smoothie recipes that you should tag/save/file away for whenever you have dates hanging around in your kitchen. Dates are enjoyed many different ways, but personally, in a smoothie is my favorite. I love how it effortlessly and naturally sweetens any recipe though!
The rest of the smoothie ingredients compliment the date so well and create a cozy, cant-put-down blend. Everything from the flavor to the consistency is what makes this Peanut Butter Date Shake an absolute winner!
What goes in this Peanut Butter Date Shake?
- Frozen banana
- Pitted dates
- Almond milk
- Peanut butter
- Optional – ground flaxseed
Blend it all up in a high-speed blender and you’re good to go!