Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Smoothie
Loaded with healthy vitamins and a delicious chocolatey taste, vegan chocolate pumpkin smoothie is the easiest way to enjoy pumpkin this season.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 C pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C almond milk
Add everything into a high speed blender and blend for about a minute, or until creamy.
Putting pumpkin in smoothies is honestly my favorite way to enjoy pumpkin. Mainly because it’s an incredibly easy to enjoy the flavor and nutritional benefits. Open the can, scoop some into your blender, and add remaining ingredients. This particular smoothie is paired with cocoa powder. It’s a pretty luxurious combination that I’ve been enjoying nearly every day the past couple of months.
What makes pumpkin healthy?
- It’s rich in disease fighting antioxidants
- A great source of Vitamin A – protects your eye health
- Loaded with Vitamin C – boosts immune function
- High in fiber – great for digestive health + regularity
What goes in this chocolate pumpkin smoothie?
- frozen banana
- canned pumpkin (not be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- almond milk (or sub another dairy-free milk)