Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
The classic peanut butter cups, but made vegan! This sweet treat is made with absolutely no BS ingredients – Just chocolate, peanut butter and a touch of oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the bottom and middle layer
- 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C dairy free sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the top layer
- 1/4 C dairy free sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 C dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- coarse sea salt
- In a small/medium microwavable bowl, combine 1/2 C sweet, 1/2 C dark chocolate chips, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals, and stir until the chocolate is melted. (I had to do this twice!)
- Line a muffin pan with 6 liners and evenly divide the melted chocolate into them. You should fill each liner about 1/3 of the way full.
- Put a dollop of peanut butter in the middle of each chocolate-filled liner, avoiding the perimeter of the liner if possible.
- Put the entire muffin pan in the freezer, and let the mixture set for at least 10 minutes.
- While it sets, melt the second batch of chocolate (top layer) by repeating step 1.
- Once the chocolate and peanut butter has set in the freezer, take the pan out and fill each liner with a final layer of melted chocolate. Immediately after, sprinkle the coarse sea salt on top of each cup. Place the pan back in the freezer until it has fully set, about 10 minutes.
- Store the cups in the freezer or fridge until you’re ready to eat!
These easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are super easy to make, and have no BS ingredients lurking around. These are made only with dairy free chocolate, peanut butter, a little coconut oil, and coarse sea salt. You won’t feel bad indulging in these sweet treats!
So this post is going to be short. I’m getting right to the point (aka the good stuff). Get a muffin pan, line it with cupcake liners, fill them with chocolate and PB, freeze, top with chocolate and salt, freeze again, and THAT’S IT. So easy, even I could do it. You know anything sweet/baked isn’t my jam, but thank GOD these are created in the freezer.
CANDY SEASON is upon us, and if you haven’t heard by now, the classic peanut butter cups are the WORST candy for you. When I first found out years ago I WAS SHOOK. How can a tiny cup filled with chocolate and peanut butter be the absolute unhealthiest on the market? Turns out, there’s a lot of crap in that PB filling and chocolate…. but not in my version. I’ve got your back.
I’m so thankfully for the variety of brands that make allergen friendly food! Sometimes, it can be hard to find chocolate that doesn’t have dairy in it. Personally, most chocolate with milk in it gives me the hershey squirts. TMI? Sorry. To avoid this, I always use Enjoylife’s chocolate chips – you can’t even tell they’re vegan.
If peanut butter isn’t for you, or you need to adhere to a peanut allergy, simply swap the PB for sunflower butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or a nut/nut alternative butter of choice! Personally, I’ll swap the PB for sunflower butter the next time I make these.
If you want, you can totally omit the sea salt. I just think when the sweet flavor is balanced out with the salt, it tastes so much better. Like always, though, you do what you want and make it fit your individual palate!
These vegan peanut butter cups are an awesome, healthier, Halloween treat! Give these a go, and let me know how they turn out!