Vegan Power Pumpkin Smoothie
This Vegan Power Pumpkin Smoothie is full of healthy, plant-based superfoods + flavor! Enjoy as a post workout drink, quick breakfast, or healthy snack!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2.5 frozen bananas
- 1/3 C canned pumpkin
- 1.5 C oat milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Drink immediately.
This Vegan Power Pumpkin Smoothie is loaded with powerful nutrients, but most importantly, tastes great! If you’re needing another excuse to consume pumpkin before the season is up, look no further than this bomb ass smoothie!
While editing photos for this post, I had a few names in mind for this smoothie. Pumpkin Power Protein Smoothie. Post Workout Pumpkin Protein Smoothie. Creamy Power Pumpkin Smoothie.
The “Post Workout Pumpkin Protein Smoothie” name almost stuck, mainly because I’ve been working out a lot lately, and this is so satisfying after each workout. Ultimately, you see what I’ve chosen for the title, and it’s still very fitting.
The ingredients are the reason I put the POWER in front of Pumpkin Smoothie. It contains;
- Canned pumpkin | anti-inflammatory food + a TON of Vitamin A
- Bananas | great digestion food
- Ground flax seed | contains omega-3 fatty acids
- Ground cinnamon | can reduce heart problems + control blood sugar levels
- Ground ginger | anti-inflammatory spice
- Ground Turmeric | another anti-inflammatory spice + good for your brain health!
- Oat milk | Gluten-free + healthy protein + low in calories
I mean, c’mon.. this is the perfect blend of powerful plant-based ingredients.
The recipe is solid as is, but feel free to add or swap your favorite super/power food this. Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cashew milk, chia seeds + dairy-free yogurt would all be good substitutes / add ins, in my opinion! Let me know how this turns out!